Thrown on a wheel and altered. Fired to cone 10 reduction.
First I threw a bottomless cylinder and then pushed it into that shape. To make it more angular, I cut the cylinder at the angled areas and then rejoined them at a sharper angle. The angle was then refined with a wooden rib. Slabs were used for the top and bottom. The spout was thrown and then distorted in the same way as the body before being attached.
I plan on making a lot more of these. I like the handbuilt quality of this piece and I tried to match that quality with a more rugged way of glazing... and I want to further explore that.